Release Date: May 15, 2016
The Council Bluffs Housing Trust Fund (CBHTF) recently awarded $119,491 to the following organizations:
- Connections Area Agency on Aging to assist seniors with unexpected housing repairs or needed modifications;
- The Municipal Housing Agency to remodel bathrooms and improve accessibility in Regal Towers and Dudley Court;
- Catholic Charities to renovate residential areas in Phoenix House;
- Habitat for Humanity to finish rehabilitating a residence for an income eligible home buyer; and
- West Central Community Action received funds to improve energy efficiency and install code compliant wiring in existing homes.
CBHTF has also programmed money for single family owner occupied housing rehabilitation designed to improve the health, safety and energy efficiency of the units.
With this year’s awards, CBHTF has invested over $1 million in affordable housing in five years. The Trust Fund provides grants and loans for affordable housing, including new construction and rehabilitation of existing units, either single or multi-family. It receives funds from the Iowa Finance Authority, the Iowa West Foundation, Pottawattamie County and from private donations.
Applicants must meet both IFA requirements certifying income eligibility and CBHTF guidelines for its programs.
For information contact: Gloria Ruesch, President or Jordan Glaser, Vice-President. Gloria can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com and Jordan can be reached at Jordan.firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also invited to visit the Housing Trust Fund’s website at cbhtf.org.
Click link to read more about previous grant cycles